Home » , , , , » What to do now that Kindle DRM removal seems impossible? And is it really?

What to do now that Kindle DRM removal seems impossible? And is it really?


I'm blind and have been reading in the same app for about 7 years. Before that, I had the same reading device for 10 years. I'm a creature of habit. But reading in Kindle" is actually quite annoying for me: I have to keep the screen unlocked instead of letting text-to-speech run in the background, and it pauses after every page. It also has far less customization.My understanding is that DRM can be removed if you have a really old Kindle. The problem is that I need the text-to-speech on Kindle for navigating the interface, and I don't believe any of the ones that allow DRM removal also have TTS. I could be wrong though; I'm not exactly sure which models do and which ones allow this. So, my questions:Where should I buy books (of all sorts, but mostly fiction) without DRM? Is there a DRM-FREE search engine somewhere? I really want to avoid Amazon if at all possible.Do we know of any other way to break the DRM on Kindle content?Does anyone know better than me about Kindle models that support both TTS and DRM removal?Thanks all for reading. via /r/ebooks https://ift.tt/zuadVH0
Share this article :

Post a Comment