Home » , , , , » I was having issues with getting cover art to show up on my kindle after transferring books from Calibre. Here is how I solved it.

I was having issues with getting cover art to show up on my kindle after transferring books from Calibre. Here is how I solved it.


A little while ago, I posted about how some of my books that I transferred from Calibre did not have the appropriate cover art. I didn't get an answer and google wasn't much help either for me.I own a Kindle Fire HD (3rd Gen) and use a MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra) + Calibre to transfer .mobi files to my kindle.Since I wasn't having this issue with every book I transferred, I compared the differences between books that were and weren't having these issues.I noticed that in every book where the cover art showed, the first page of the book was the cover art that I wanted to show up in my kindle. So the first thing you should do is check if the first page is the cover art and then do the following based on your situation.If the desired cover art is the first page: I found that if the image that is assigned as the cover is too small (you can see the exact size of the image by clicking 'edit metadata') it will not show up as your cover art. I'm not sure how large the image needs to be but I just kept choosing a larger image until it worked. Just google your book's cover art and using Google's search tools, pick only large images.For example, this image worked while the image assigned by Calibre for Moneyball from google did not work.If the desired cover art is not the first page: This is a little more involved but is still simple enough. Click on your desired book in Calibre and click on 'Convert Book'. After, click on 'Structure detection' on the left. Now there is a checkbox that says 'Remove first image'. Make sure that is checked and click okay. Your book should convert. After the conversion, send the book to your kindle and you should have your cover art. If it still doesn't show, refer to the instructions above.I have no idea if I'm the only one who had this issue but I hope this helps someone because I know how annoying this issue was for me. via /r/ebooks http://ift.tt/2EaX1x3
Share this article :

Post a Comment