Home » , , , , » Book->ebook OCR advice?

Book->ebook OCR advice?


I've been searching for digital copies of Eric Hebborn's two books The Art Forgers Handbook and Drawn to Trouble but haven't been able to find them, I own both in hard copy but find digital easier to read. I decided to digitise the books myself as they've been out of print for 20 years and the publisher has no intention of re-publishing them.So far I've scanned Drawn to Trouble and created a PDF file but it's just images and ideally I wanted text as it would make the file much smaller and also searchable.I know I need to OCR the images but I've never tried doing it so I've no idea what would be the best way or what would be the best software or how to get the best results.Can anyone offer any advice or know of any service that may do it for me?I know technically this may be a copyright issue but the author has no family to collect royalties and the publishers have not re-printed either book in over 20 years and have no intentions to ever re-print and the only way to purchase the books today is to buy used copies at ridiculously inflated prices.If this post does violate the rules please let me know and I'll remove it straight away. via /r/ebooks http://ift.tt/2khZdyo
Share this article :

Post a Comment