Home » , , , , » Help me pick out an e-reader for my grandma.

Help me pick out an e-reader for my grandma.


I am trying to pick out an e-reader and likely a cellular data plan for my Grandma. My grandma is a big reader and currently borrows several books a week from her local library. As she is getting older she would prefer not to have to drive to the local library. I suggested the idea of getting an e-reader with the Overdrive app to her but I'm not sure which e-reader to get her since she does not have WIFI in her apartment.I know that Kindles come with a free 3g connection, but that would only allow her to buy books from the Amazon Kindle store and this would not be affordable for her given how much she reads.She is not computer savvy, so the simpler the interface the better.My current thought is to get her an inexpensive and unlocked iPad or Android device from a few generations back. I would uninstall everything but the Overdrive app, and get a $20/month prepaid data plan from t-mobile. Can anyone think of a cheaper option?Thanks in advance! via /r/ebooks http://ift.tt/2iONrrB
Share this article :

Post a Comment